View the latest Northern New England CoCoRaHS Newsletter
CoCoRaHS Maine kicked off in the Pine State on August 1, 2009. Help us measure precipitation from Kittery Point to Aroostook County as we learn about this wonderful resource that falls from the sky. To join CoCoRaHS in Maine click here: Join CoCoRaHS
If you wish to notify the National Weather Service of severe weather in your area please file a severe weather report online at NWS Gray Severe Weather Report.
What Do I Need
Each observer will need:
- Enthusiasm and desire to watch the weather.
- Willingness and dedication to take regular daily precipitation measurements, preferably between 6-9 AM.
- To participate in an online or group training session.
- A manual 4-inch rain gauge, available at reasonable cost through a preferred online CoCoRaHS vendor. See CoCoRaHS home page
- Computer with internet access.
- Snow board or flat non-grassy surface in an open area.
- Yard stick or ruler.
How to Join
- Click to go to the CoCoRaHS Application Form
- You will receive a welcome e-mail with your CoCoRaHS ID and instructions.
- As soon as you have a user name, password, a rain gauge and complete your online training, then you may enter observations.
Training is required for all observers. Initially,the best method for training will be to look through the online training presentations and videos. We will occasionally have face to face group training sessions in your area and these will be listed below when scheduled. If you want to suggest a training location please email one of the state co-coordinators.
training slide show: PDF
(6 MB) and HTML
CoCoRaHS Maine Contact Information:
Maine State Coordinators
William Watson Nikki Becker
National Weather Service-Gray National Weather Service-Gray
National Weather Service-Caribou
CoCoRaHS Maine Partners
Thanks to all our CoCoRaHS Partners in Maine: