Frequently Asked Questions
What is CoCoRaHS Canada?
• NON-PROFIT, Grassroots, volunteer network of weather observers of all ages and background measuring and mapping precipitation (rain, and snow) in their communities.
• We use low-cost measurement tools and stress education and training to create a network that provides high quality data to a variety of users
• Our Web page provides the ability for our observers to see their observations mapped out in "real time", as well as providing a wealth of information for our data users.
What is Required?
• An enthusiasm for watching and reporting weather conditions
• A desire to learn more about how weather can affect and impact our lives
• A CoCoRaHS approved rain gauge
• Willingness to take measurements between 6 AM and 10 AM when available
Who uses CoCoRaHS Data?
CoCoRaHS is used by a wide variety of organizations and individuals. Environment Canada, other meteorologists, hydrologists, conservation authorities, emergency managers, city utilities (water supply, water conservation, storm water), insurance adjusters, engineers, mosquito control, ranchers and farmers, outdoor & recreation interests, teachers, students, and neighbors in the community are just some examples of those who visit our web site and use our data.
Where Do I Register to CoCoRaHS?
• Registering takes only a few minutes by filling out the application form online
Where Do I Purchase a CoCoRaHS Rain Gauge?
• Click here to visit our Shop CoCoRaHS page to order a gauge
• For questions on Shop CoCoRaHS please contact email@example.com or (855) 999-8858