"Volunteers working together to measure precipitation across
|Are you enthusiastic about watching and reporting weather?
Do you want to learn more about how weather impacts our lives and the environment?
Then CoCoRaHS Canada is for YOU!
Snow Measuring Pilot 2014 visit
What is CoCoRaHS Canada?
• NON-PROFIT, Grassroots, volunteer network of weather observers of all ages and background measuring and mapping precipitation (rain, and snow) in their communities.
• We use low-cost measurement tools and stress education and training to create a network that provides high quality data to a variety of users
• Our Web page provides the ability for our observers to see their observations mapped out in "real time", as well as providing a wealth of information for our data users.
What is Required?
• An enthusiasm for watching and reporting weather conditions
• A desire to learn more about how weather can effect and impact our lives.
• A CoCoRaHS-approved rain gauge
• Willingness to take measurements between 6 am and 10 am when available
Learn more about CoCoRaHS Canada
Where Do I Purchase a CoCoRaHS Rain Gauge?
- Use CoCoRaHS Canada Store - link on the Blue Left Column above to order
- For questions relating to kits please contact your Local Provincial Coordinator Below or the National Volunteer Coordinator
Would your Organization or Local Community Group Like to support CoCoRaHS or Hear More About us?
- We are always looking for Local Community Groups interested in supporting Local Volunteers to join CoCoRaHS
- We are interested in Presenting to Your Local Community Group, to explain the benefits of CoCoRaHS at a Local, Provincial and Canada Wide level
- Please email Angie, National Coordinator or your Local Provincial Coordinator with your Ideas or perhaps
dollars that you would donate to assist or even purchase kits/ equipment
such as Snow Measuring Sticks for use in your own area?
Spring Training Sessions 2015 - Open To All
Spring Training Sessions are being planned for Manitoba, Ontario & Saskatchewan, Last Two Weeks of MARCH, so check back soon to find a training session near you or Ask Your Local Manitoba, Ontario or Saskatchewan, Provincial Coordinator via email!
Saskatchewan Training Sessions: - for more information for these events please call or email Aj, Saskatchewan Provincial Coordinator
Friday March 13, 2015 4pm till 79pm, UCT Meeting Room, Yorkton Public Library, Yorkton
Saturday March 14, 2015 1pm till 3pm, Regina Public Library, George Bothwell Branch, Southland Mall, Regina
Questions? Contact your provincial coordinator for more information
We Welcome anyone Canada Wide to Join Us!
Please contact Angie, National Volunteer Coordinator if you are in the Territories via email to Canada@cocorahs.org
CoCoRaHS Canada (General info) & Shop CoCoRaHS
Provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Quebec & Territories
Canada Administrator - for station names, locations, shipping etc
National Canada Volunteer Coordinator
or (519) 352-5334(519) 352-5334
Myles Weishar firstname.lastname@example.org
New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador,
Novia Scotia & Prince Edward Island
(306) 552 6976
Thank You to our Supporters