In-Person Training Schdeule:
Thursday, August 4th 6:00-8:00 PM
Mount Washington Observatory
2779 White Mountain Hwy.
North Conway, NH 03860
Click here for more information
CoCoRaHS Maine kicked off in the Pine State on August 1, 2009. Help us measure precipitation from Kittery Point to Aroostook County as we learn about this wonderful resource that falls from the sky. To join CoCoRaHS in Maine click here: Join CoCoRaHS
If you wish to notify the National Weather Service of severe weather in your area please call 1-877-633-6772 or file a severe weather report online at NWS Gray Severe Weather Report.
What Do I Need
Each observer will need:
- Enthusiasm and desire to watch the weather.
- Willingness and dedication to take regular daily precipitation measurements, preferably between 6-9 AM.
- To participate in an online or group training session.
- A manual 4-inch rain gauge, available at reasonable cost through a preferred online CoCoRaHS vendor. See CoCoRaHS home page
- Computer with internet access.
- Snow board or flat non-grassy surface in an open area.
- Yard stick or ruler.
I Want To Join....Now What Do I Do
Contact a regional coordinator, or select the application link and enter your information about your location and your contact preferences. You will receive a welcome e-mail with your new CoCoRaHS ID and instructions. As soon as you have a user name, password and a rain gauge, you many enter observations immediately!
How to Join
Training is required for all observers. Initially,the best method for training will be to look through the online training presentations and videos. We will occasionally have face to face group training sessions in your area and these will be listed below when scheduled. If you want to suggest a training location please email one of the state co-coordinators.
training slide show: PDF
(6 MB) and HTML
CoCoRaHS Maine Partners
Thanks to all of our CoCoRaHS partners in Maine: