||Colorado Hail Pad Pick-up/Drop-off Sites
Here is a list of the current hail pad drop-off sites in Colorado. If you have any questions please contact the Volunteer Coordinator for your city or county.
Updated: Summer 2012
- Greatwood Lumber/Ace Hardware store at the SW corner of I-70 and Exit #340 (Bennett exit). The Hail pad box is located at the North side of the main gate. Only accessible during regular store hours, Mon. thru Fri. 7am till 6pm, Sat. 8-5, Sun. 9-4.
San Luis Valley Extension Office, 1899 E Hwy 160, Monte Vista, CO
- Jim Muhm's house in the Belleview and Holly area. Please call for directions: 303-793-0505
- Fred Harman Art Museum, 2560 W. Hwy 160, the nearest cross street is Piedra Road [Box should be near entrance to the Art Museum], Pagosa Springs CO.
Contact: Fred Harman – (970) 731-5785
- USDA/NRCS Office, 27200 Hwy 287,
Springfield, CO 81073; 719-523-4522 x3. Contact Storm Casper or Misty.
- Southeast Colorado RC&D Office, 3505 S. Main Street,
Lamar, CO 81052; 719-336-3437 x124 . Contact Tim Macklin.
- NCAR FL2, behind reception near COMET classroom
- For NOAA employees only, there is a hail pad drop off at the NWS in room 3C508.
- Longmont: 2050 Falcon Drive, Longmont (Approx 21st & Hover). Pads are in the large metal box on the front porch.
- Longmont Front Range Community College, Classroom Building, Entrance 4 at 2121 Miller Drive. This is in the industrial complex just south of the railroad tracks, just East of Hover, south of Ken Pratt. There is a green box in the game room, ask the guard for directions.
- See locations in Jefferson County or Boulder County
Chaffee County Cooperative Extension Office, 10165 County Road 120, Salida, CO 81201; phone: (719) 539-6447; Contact: Kurt Jones
Clear Creek County
- Channel 7 Studios (KMGH-TV) 123 Spear Blvd., Denver, CO 80203; Phone: 303-832-7777
- Linda Embleton, 8762 E. Eastman Place, Denver, CO; Phone: 303-745-0633
- Douglas County Extension Office, Douglas County Fairgrounds, 410 Fairgrounds Road, Castle Rock, CO 80104. It the the small 2 story building visible as soon as you enter on the right side of the road. The box sits outside on the top level.
- East of Parker: Bob Burkhart's house near Hilltop Road and Singing Hills Road. His e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (303) 841-7567.
- Highlands Ranch: Jane Peterson's house, 2452 E. Terraridge Drive, Highlands Ranch 80126. Phone: 303-284-3230.
El Paso County
- Colorado Springs Utilities Conservation & Environmental Center,
2855 Mesa Rd., Colo. Spgs. Hours are M-F, 9am-5pm.
The hail pads for pickup are at the desk in the lobby.
Hail pads can be dropped off there, also.
- Fran's Shepperdson's home. 8556 Highway 86, Kiowa. She's exactly two miles west of the Kiowa bridge in a gray A-line house with a red silo on the south side of Highway 86. It is a quarter mile east of the intersection of County Road 33 and Highway 86. The hail pads will be in front of the the grey shack in a blue barrel. Phone: 303-621-8847
- Fremont County Extension Office, 615 Macon Ave. Suite LL10, Cañon City, CO; 719-276-7390. Contact: Tommy Covington, email@example.com
- Gilpin County Cooperative Extension Office, Gilpin County Fairgrounds, 230 Norton Drive, Golden, CO 80403. Contact: Irene Shonle. The office is located next to the Gilpin Community Center, just off of Highways 119 & 46, seven miles north of Black Hawk.
- Please contact Sarah Clements, 213 W. Topaz, P.O. Box 2236
Granby, CO 80446. Phone:(970) 887-9429
- Please contact Andrea Jessoe, 714 Teocalli Ave, Crested Butte, CO 81224. e-mail: Adbelcher@aol.com
- CSU Cooperative Extension Office, 401 Main Street, Walsenburg, CO. The office is in the basement of the Huerfano County Courthouse. Enter on the south side of the building. Rain gauges and folders are available for new volunteers. Contact: Jim Conley
- Jackson County Cooperative Extension Office, 312 5th Street, Walden, CO 80480; Contact: Debbie Alpe
- Jefferson County Health Department, 1801 19th Street, Golden Co. Drop off is at the Environmental desk but call Roy Laws first at (303) 271-5734, (303) 619-5114 (cell phone). Hours are Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Cooperative Extension Office. Eades, CO; (719) 438-5321. Contact: Bruce Fickenscher
Kit Carson County
Las Animas County
La Plata County
- San Juan RC&D Office, 31 Suttle St., Durango, CO 81303.Ph: 970-259-3289 x5.
- Colorado Climate Center, CSU Foothills, Fort Collins
- Fort Collins Public Library, both Old Town and Harmony Road sites
- Loveland Public Works Dept. Office, 410 East 5th, Loveland
- Windsor, Highland Meadows (near Budweiser Event Center). Contact Jim Sherlock at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Estes Park Public Library
- Wellington Public Library
Las Animas County
- RC& D Office. 318 5th Street, Hugo, CO 80821, 719-743-2408 ext. 5. Contact: Jeff Koster
Logan County Coorperative Extension Office at 508 S. 10th Avenue, Sterling, CO.; (970) 522-3200. Contact: Randy Buhler
National Weather Service Office. 792 Eagle Drive, Grand Junction
Colorado First Conservation District, 356 Ranney, Suite 20, Craig, CO 81625. Contact: Kathy Bower
Division of Water Resources, 437 Yampa, Craig, CO 81625. Contact: Kathy Bower 970-826-0810
- Montezuma County Extension Office, 109 West Main Street, Room 102, Cortez, CO 81321. Phone: 970-565-3123
John Thompson’s house: 1405 Dover Road, Montrose, CO 81401; Phone: (970) 240-2121; e-mail: Jokatmont@aol.com
- East Morgan Public Library, Brush
- Fort Morgan Public Library
- Wiggins Public Library
- USDA - NRCS Office, 318 Lacey Ave., La Junta, CO. The box is around the corner behind the US Forest Service Building.
- FAIRPLAY: 880 Bogue Street at the Colorado State University Extension Office. CoCoRahs has a beige wooden box located at the SE end of the building against a utility pole. Leave used pads here and get new ones also. You can pick up Hail Reports Forms too. This location is accessible 24 hours a day and is located outdoors. If you notice any tampering, please let the county coordinator know at ParkCountyCoCoRahs@hotmailcom or 719-836-4580.
- LAKE GEORGE: Hwy 24 located at the CUSP (Coalition for the Upper South Platte) Office across the street from the Post Office. Their phone number is 719-748-0033 and they are open 10am to 4pm on the weekdays.
- Phillips County Cooperative Extension Office, 127 East Denver St., Holyoke, CO; (970) 854-3616
- National Weather Service Office - Pueblo: 3 Eaton Way, Pueblo, CO 81001' 719-948-9429. Contact: Randy Gray
- Lamar - Southeast Colorado RC&D Office, 3505 S. Main Street, Lamar, CO 81052; 719-336-3437 x124. Contact Tim Macklin.
- Holly - NRCS Office, 209 S. Main Street, Holly, CO 81047; 719-537-6506. Contact: Calvin Melcher
Rio Blanco County
- Meeker - 351 7th Street, Conservation District Office
Rangely - 2252 E Main, Water Conservancy District Office
Rio Grande County
San Luis Valley Extension Office, 1899 E Hwy 160, Monte Vista, CO. Contact: Marvin Reynolds.
San Juan County
San Miguel County
- San Miguel Environmental Health Office, San Miguel County Courthouse, 333 West Colorado Avenue, Telluride, CO 81435; phone: 970-728-0447; Contact Dave Schneck
- Sedgwick County Cooperative Extension Office, County Courthouse, 315 Cedar, Julesburg, CO 80737-1532; (970) 474-3479
Washington County Conservation District Office, 26924 U.S. Hwy 34, Akron, CO 80720; Phone: 970-345-2364
ext 105/101. Contact: Jamie Axtell or Carolyn Payne.
- Greeley Area: Weld County Cooperative Extension Office, Island Grove Park, 525 North 15th Avenue, Greeley, CO. The hail pad drop-box is located under the staircase.
Del Camino: Weld County Services, 4209 Weld County Road 24 ½ (East Service Road), Longmont, CO. Phone: 720-652-4200
Southeast Weld County services building located at 2950 9th Street, Ft. Lupton. The location is on the SW corner of 9th St & WCR 31 intersection, 2 miles east of downtown Ft. Lupton (same building where the license plate office is located).
- Yuma County Cooperative Extension Office, Yuma County Courthouse, Wray, CO 80758; 970-332-4151. Contact: Eldon Fisher